dvla and chassis numbers

The place to ask about kits, current prices, lead time etc.

dvla and chassis numbers

Postby alchilds69 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:24 pm

hi guys. i took a trip to my local dvla office at chelmsford. to ask them about getting the details on the log book changed and tell them what i have done to the disco. all was ok until i showed him a photo of the chassis number stamped on the chassis rail by the steering box. straight away he said it wasnt the right stamp or it has been rechassied???
he was concerend because the chassis number went across 2 lines as appose to stamped all on 1 line like the vin plate. i am fairly confident it has never been rechassied (especially inthe last 10 years looking by the amount of surface rust and grease on it).
but on the plus side he said i can insure it, mot and tax then take it for the chassis number inspection in july.
would you guys mind looking at your chassis numbers and letting me know if there is a difference.
alchilds69

Re: dvla and chassis numbers

Postby simeon » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:16 pm

Mine is on one line (but mine is a 200). It could have been re-chassied early in it's life, possibly as the result of accident damage. Unlikely anyone would have replaced the chassis after it was more than a couple of years old, it would have just been scrapped.

Is it the same number stamped twice, or is it one number split over two lines?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, You must have an electrical problem!
simeon
Site Admin

Re: dvla and chassis numbers

Postby alchilds69 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:27 pm

Thx, for the reply. The line is spilt over 2 lines the only explanation is it was rechassied very early. In
It's life. Its a bit strange?? I did a history check and nothing came up. Very odd???
alchilds69

Return to General Questions