sahara / defender wing mirrors

Ask how to do something, or post details of how you did it.

sahara / defender wing mirrors

Postby alchilds69 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:51 pm

hi guys, how have you mounted the wing mirrors on the little lugs that are welded on. was thinking about drilling and tapping them and putting holes in the mirror mount and bolting them together. anyone done this differently at all?
alchilds69

Re: sahara / defender wing mirrors

Postby PeterJ » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:42 pm

I did pretty much that - drilled a pair of holes in the "front" side of the wing mirror mounts (so I dont' see them while driving!) then held against the lugs and marked. Then drilled those in slightly larger and used RivNuts and bolted it all together.

On a related note, how do others find the mirrors to use? On mine, to look at the passenger side one I have to actually view it through the windscreen - no big problem, but I have wondered about buying some of those extended arm versions of the defender mirros used for hi caps and the like to stick them out further?
PeterJ

Postby KJB1000 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:48 pm

will be watching this one as i am about to get mine
Why Do Things The Easy Way?

How Hard Can It Be?
KJB1000

Postby alchilds69 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:20 pm

Great, thanks. Just the job for tomorrow. Army wolf type wing mirrors might help as they are a little bit longer.( the nearside one that is) Might worth trawling through eBay for them.
alchilds69

Postby simeon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:54 pm

If you push the passenger side one 1 "click" forward, you can view it through the bottom corner of the windscreen. The wolf arms are longer, and may make it possible to see through the door window.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, You must have an electrical problem!
simeon
Site Admin

Return to The Workshop