Page 1 of 1

Traka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:24 am
by richardh
Well, i'm almost ready to take the doors and roof off. Just one bit i'm not sure on though:
the body is on a 3 inch lift (which i need for clearance of the wheels etc) and once i remove the 8 remaining body to chassis mounts and then cut the sills, the body will fall the 3 inches back onto something?????
So when i then come to put the new chassis cage on (no idea hoe i'm gonna do this where i am) then i have a problem in trying to raise it back up?

Have i missed a trick here somewhere?

Cheers

Re: Traka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:05 am
by AUS Sahara
G'day Rich,

I thought the same thing with my Sahara but Nick convinced me I didn't need the 2-3" body lift I was used to - my 35" Simex tyres fit under the guards no problems.

I mounted the Sahara straight to the Disco chassis with no rubber mounts - if I had used the lift kit then I would have to change the pivot point for the front end / build up the rear body mounts etc.

Hope this helps.

Aus

Re: Traka

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:40 pm
by richardh
Cheers Aus,
I'm running 37's so hopefully this will still be ok at full suspension lift.
SO does the body need to be raised so i can take the lift spacers out BEFORE i start cutting along all the sills?
What will it rest on?
I know 2 chassis mounts were raised so i guess i need to drop these back down too?

Thanks,

Rich

Re: Traka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:35 pm
by richardh
Hi,
Got the cage on today. infill panels in place, wiring put back towards the back, all bits under the bonnet are done.
got to sort out the rear floor and the extended bit as i'm keeping it full chassis length.
new seats are ready but i need to modify the original base to accept the new runners.
All in all no problems encountered except for the panel that the brake compensator screws to as the angle off the bulkhead won't alloy for that angle to meet the suspension turrets i have. (after market 2 inch lifters)
Found somewhere to do me a screen and a soft top.

I'm re-wiring the engine bay as the loom has seen some modifications by someone and i think the cores are not up to the job on the coil and dizzy etc.