Couldn't help it - bought another one!

Somewhere to discuss any sensible topic not covered anywhere else.

Couldn't help it - bought another one!

Postby simeon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Well, After seeing Nick's new offering - Arctic - at Billing, I decided to order one, in fact the first one!. This does however see me moving to the dark side, as it is the first time in over ten years that I have owned a vehicle that wasn't (originally) made by Land Rover! :shock:

Not got it yet, but any day now! Watch this space!!!
If you can't fix it with a hammer, You must have an electrical problem!
simeon
Site Admin

Re: Couldn't help it - bought another one!

Postby hodgei » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:22 am

What ! NOOOOOOO :o

Having ordered a Sahara at Peterborough, I was hoping that bods on this board would be awake enough to give me some pointers - but now I find you are moving to a different chassis :shock:

Still - it proves somebody still looks at the board :D
hodgei

Postby simeon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:54 pm

The Sahara is alive and well, and will continue to be built on a Disco chassis, Nick is still making plenty of them! I have no intention of selling mine either, I just wanted a new project. The use of Suzuki donors by NCF pre-dates Land Rover based models, and allows for a smaller, less expensive vehicle.

While the forum is quieter than I hoped for, it will stay open, and I do check it at least once a week (I know Nick checks often too).

Please do ask anything you need to, Myself or Nick will reply, P.M. me if you need a quick reply.

I will detail the progress of my build on here, I plan to have it on the road in time for Billing / Peterborough 2015.
simeon
Site Admin

Postby Damian.b » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Don't worry hodgei, there's still a few of us on here, and I'm just down the road near Wellingborough if you need to look at another Sahara.
Damian.b

Postby rebel_eddie » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:02 am

I saw it at Peterborough, it does look good.
Post some pictures.
Eddie D rebel_eddie :-)
rebel_eddie

Postby simeon » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:37 am

Nick dropped off the Arctic a couple of weeks ago (weds 8th), and work has now commenced. As the donor initially went to Nick to be used as the base vehicle to construct the jig, I have to rectify some issues with the donor before I can start on the build proper.

So far I have replaced all the fuel lines and rear brake lines, fitted a new exhaust, replaced the bent gearbox crossmember and have started on sorting out a few minor rust patches on the chassis, thankfully no welding is required! The next jobs on the To Do list are to clean and paint the back axle, and replace the front diff.

I have some photos to post up in the next few days.
simeon
Site Admin

Postby simeon » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:40 pm

Quick Update:

November and December saw very little done due to working nights, on the plus side more spending money for the project!

I have had to strip the rear axle in order to clean paint and rebuild it, so at present there are bits of axle all over the garage while the paint dries, once put back together and refitted I can get on with the actual build!
simeon
Site Admin

Return to Main Forum