Rocky Mountain Window Latches

Ask for advice on painting and finishing your kit.

Rocky Mountain Window Latches

Postby simmonj » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Thought I'd start a new thread on this.

I enquired with Martin about the latches the other day and got the following response:-

"I am sorry but I do not stock the latches for the RM door tops as a separate item – I just have one or two spares just in case of breakages but I have asked my supplier in Canada and they can supply spares – Someone did speak to me at Billing about using these caches but did say to let me know what sort of quantity and I could order them – I have had a couple of enquires for this application. Hope you appreciate I dare not let my few spares go - I could get them sent by air mail if its worth getting a box full?"

So the question is, how many are in a box? And, do you think that we can muster enough to get an order? Just had a thought, maybe, Nick, if you get a chance to view one in person, perhaps, offer them as part of the door kit? It maybe enough to make an order up.

Jeff

(Still in the middle of painting the Sahara.....and myself!!)
simmonj

Re: Rocky Mountain Window Latches

Postby simeon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:11 pm

It may be that there has been a bit of confusion between myself and Martin, after speaking with him at Billing I was under the impression that he would be able to supply them.

I will drop him an email, and see if I can find out what sort of quantity would need to be ordered and at what cost. I'll also try RMS themselves to see if I can find out where they get them from.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, You must have an electrical problem!
simeon
Site Admin

Postby simeon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:27 pm

Email has been sent to Martin about the catches. As soon as I have any info I'll let you all know.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, You must have an electrical problem!
simeon
Site Admin

Postby PeterJ » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi All,

I had a similar conversation with Martin and he was out of spares at the time, so I emailed Rocky Mountain themselves (Canada I seem to remember?) Anyway, for 40 bucks + postage they sent me 4 latch sets - obviously I've used 2 of them but now have 2 looking for a good home for the princely sum of £20 for the pair :-)

They look great and I've kept them wrapped up out of the way, so if you do need a pair let me know and I'll send em

Cheers,
PeterJ

Postby foxtrottransit » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi all
I know this was five years ago this thread was discussed but does any one have an update on these window catches or are the pair for twenty quid still available? I'm wondering if they will work on the Arctic as I'm collecting mine from Simeon on Tuesday (22/09/15) would be handy for security.
Many thanks
Matt
foxtrottransit

Return to Paint & Trim