paint and prep, any painted there own.

Ask for advice on painting and finishing your kit.

paint and prep, any painted there own.

Postby alchilds69 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:25 pm

hi guys,
i'm getting to the stage where i'm ready for painting my Sahara. i want try and do this myself with a little help from some mates. paid with tea and sausage sandwiches. i was thinking of using cellulose as its easier for the DIY painter.
ive read simeon's fantastic blog on painting. so i went to my local paint shop to get prices for it all. and they said this is what i need.
2 1/2 super etch+ activator £42.95
2ltr celly black gloss £45.95
thinners anti bloom £11.95
wet and dry 50 p per sheet
all prices excl vat.
any ideas on if i have the quatities right. the guys said i didnt need high build primer. i can paint straight over once flatted back the etch primer?
any suggestions or ideas. just waiting for the weather to warm up so i can get on with it.
alchilds69

Re: paint and prep, any painted there own.

Postby 1gp » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:10 pm

hi guys...... iam a fully skilled painter bodyman, been in the trade 25 years or so. i work at watjag in bakewell derbyshire . we restore e types, and classic jaguars , full body :grind and engine rebuilds.... if any of you have any questions on body prep , or whats the best way to tackle any paintwork problems , then give me a shout , and i will be only to happy to help anyone out ... :D
1gp

Return to Paint & Trim