Disco armrests/doorpulls

Ask for advice on painting and finishing your kit.

Disco armrests/doorpulls

Postby simmonj » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi All,

Quick intellectual question for all those that have fitted the doors, as my brain really isn't up to much this week!!

How do you fit the disco armrests to the checker plate interior to the doors. I am having a bit of a problem getting to grips with the fact that the mounts are at an angle, but the checker plate is flush. Have been thinking about making attachments but every idea I get seems to involve mullering it somehow. Any ideas?

Jeff
simmonj

Re: Disco armrests/doorpulls

Postby PeterJ » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:19 pm

In my case I used Land Rover Fine Adjustment tool #1 - i.e. I whacked the bracket that used to be on the door flat with a hammer, then bolted it to the checker plate, then the armrest to the bracket - job done :)
PeterJ

Postby simmonj » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks for that Peter, knew there had to be a simple(ish) way!! Just need to retrieve my doors from when I stripped the motor - which is well over a year ago now!!
simmonj

Postby simeon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:27 pm

I just bent the metal mounting tabs on the handle with a pair of pliers so they were flat with the back of the handle, then attached with M6 sets & nuts.
If you can't fix it with a hammer, You must have an electrical problem!
simeon
Site Admin

Postby PeterJ » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:41 pm

You know, having just read Simeon's post - thats exactly what I did as well! Ignore the rubbish I wrote about the brackets, they went in the bin!
PeterJ

Postby simmonj » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Now that was simple! Followed Simeon's advice and voila, simple job in under 10 minutes!!

Cheers

Jeff
simmonj

Return to Paint & Trim